Pages

In the pursuit of Happiness

Saturday 18 October 2014



Over the course of the journey called life, we come across moments, though fleeting, which causes us immense pain, sadness, discouragement, fear, or simply a lack of trust in ourselves. Overcoming those negative feelings and facing those situations with the right attitude is often the key to peace and happiness. Easier said than done. 

But, I have personally experienced that doing the things that we love and adopting a positive attitude, whatever happens.

Whenever I feel sad, I try my best to shift my focus from the source of sadness, to my source of happiness. There are many things, however simple, which procure me with a great sense of well-being and happiness.


My all time favourite is reading. I love reading, in fact, I can say I am bookworm. LOL. Reading a good book really boosts my happiness. It provides us with insights, knowledge, without forgetting, good vocabulary (oh, yes!) and so much of information for our thirsty brains. I love reading Paulo Coelho's books. I love all of them. His books are really inspiring and gives you many things to think about. He's an author that will make you see things differently. The way he passes on a message is subtle, yet, hits the reader hard at the end of the book. He's truly amazing. I also love reading biographies which are really inspiring - I loved that of Hillary Clinton and Richard Branson.

Meditation and yoga are two other ways I can channel my sadness and regain confidence and control over my own being. I find meditation to be a great way to forget all the woes, and align our mind with our body. It is also a great way to be more mindful. A good 30 mins into meditation will do you immense good. It makes the soul happy :)

Expressing gratitude for what we have is another way to boost happiness. Acknowledging what we have and offering thanks for it is often what we miss out on doing. But, it should be something we do everyday. You will be amazed at how many things you have when you start offering thanks and be grateful. Listing five good things you have everyday is a way I express gratitude and thanks, and believe me, it truly does bring me immense joy and multitude of gratitude and things to be grateful for!

Doing something for someone else is another way to find happiness for me. I love doing things for others that make them happy. So when I am feeling low, or not good, I will do something for another person and make them happy. Seeing them smile because of something I did for them is the best feeling in the world. 

Cooking is therapeutic. I am dead serious about this. Plus, it is so much fun! (excluding the washing up etc... LOL!) I LOVE cooking. Cutting veggies, baking, tasting, experimenting, cooking for others, ahh, I love it. And whenever I cook, I feel happy. It just takes my mind off the bugging issues and instead, I get to live in the moment.

What are the things that bring you happiness? Please, share your opinions and experience! 

Much Love,
xx
Ushina



2 comments:

  1. as for me, we should see joy and happiness in every little thing around us. for example, beautiful sky in the morning or tiny bug crossing our way.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Thanks for sharing this Ekatyrina, I really appreciate it! :)
    Hope you are having a great December!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme