Pages

Pampering Time! My night time bath routine

Thursday 14 August 2014



My favourite thing after a stressful and hectic day at work and with studies, is to unwind myself and relax with a warm, long, delightful and perfumed bath! The time I spend to take my bath is like sacred for me. I totally get immersed and dedicate this time for myself only. No disturbances please! ;)

My night time bath is more elaborate than my morning one. At night, however, there is a whole ritual, as I like to call it. I usually apply a face mask which I let work on my skin while I dry exfoliate my body. Following that, I use my body wash and finish with moisturizer.

First off, I remove my makeup with a gentle cleanser and wash my face with warm water. I then exfoliate or apply a face mask to pamper my tired skin, depending on my 'skin's mood'. Yes. *Sigh* My skin has her own personality and behave differently each day.



Then, I exfoliate my body skin using an exfoliating glove or a brush. I dry exfoliate before my bath. This is an excellent way to remove flaky skin (especially in winter times!) and dead cells, as well as to boost blood circulation. The right way to dry exfoliate is to start in a clockwise motion from your ankles, moving upwards towards the heart.

I love using Dove and St Ives body wash. They smell divinely and are of great quality. I am currently using Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Wash. The body wash is so creamy that it feels luxurious on the skin. I use a loofah with the body wash. The divine smell of vanilla is so calming, making the whole experience feel spa-like. It's so amazing. I'm truly addicted.

At times (when I'm not lazy!) I love making my own homemade scrub with sugar, honey and some lemon juice to exfoliate my skin. This scrub removes dirt, excess oils, and unclog your pores as well as brighten your skin (and it is all natural!). It can be used on your body and face as well. I find this simple scrub so effective that I love using it over the branded ones.

Following my bath, I pat my skin dry and apply generous amounts of body softener lotion. I enjoy using two lotions. Yes, two lotions. I firstly apply St Ives Collagen Booster lotion, and some minutes later, I apply Dove Silky Nourishment body lotion. I swear, these two make my skin feel and look super soft and sooooo smooth.

After all this, I feel truly relaxed, pampered and ready for a good night's sleep.

What is your night time routine? Please feel free to share!

Much Love,
xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh now I really wanna take a bath :D Especially as I still have some amazing Lush bath bombs left :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh! :D
      Lucky you! I have been reading lots of great reviews on Lush bath bombs and wished they had a store in Mauritius! But well, hopefully someone from Lush will read my comment! ;)
      Thanks for taking the time to write Carmen, really appreciate it! :)
      Happy December! :) xx

      Delete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme